Contatti
  Segnala il sito
  Privacy
  L’ANGOLO DEL C.R.V.
  LA TRU-BRICA
  ANGOLO DI CECCHIGOL
  FACEBOOK
Disclaimer

La pubblicazione di contenuto di qualsiasi tipo, letterale o altro, da parte di utente in qualsivoglia area accessibile del sito non implica alcuna adesione dello Staff di Futsalveneto a tale contenuto, né la condivisione della responsabilità, che resta individuale ed esclusivamente a capo dell'utente.

ATTENZIONE:
L'IP dell'utente che posta nel forum viene registrato insieme al messaggio e puo' essere fornito su richiesta dell'autorita' giudiziaria al fine di individuare gli autori di messaggi offensivi, diffamatori o illegali in genere. In casi normali l'IP non viene reso pubblico.

futsalveneto :: Leggi argomento - Giants coach Pat Shurmur said he wasn’t trying to be cryptic
 FAQFAQ   CercaCerca   GruppiGruppi   ProfiloProfilo   Messaggi privatiMessaggi privati   Log inLog in 

Giants coach Pat Shurmur said he wasn’t trying to be cryptic

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Bar Sport - Femminile
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
liny195
Super tifoso
Super tifoso

MessaggioInviato: Gio 15 Ago 2019 @ 02:38    Oggetto: Giants coach Pat Shurmur said he wasn’t trying to be cryptic Rispondi citando

But he left enough space between the lines that you can read whatever you want into his words.Via Tom Rock of New York Giants Jersey 2019 , Shurmur said that he’s “constantly” evaluating both Eli Manning and Daniel Jones, and that the one who gives the team the best chance to win will start.“We’re gonna play the very best player,” Shurmur said. “I know we’re dancing around the words here, but right now Eli is getting ready to have a great year and Daniel is getting ready to play. We’ll just see what happens. . . .“We feel good where Eli is, he’s our starting quarterback, and we’ve got a young player that we think is going to be an outstanding player getting himself ready to play.”It’s easy to interpret that as the opening of a competition between the veteran who has led the Giants to two Super Bowls and the first-round pick, but Shurmur knows what leaving room for interpretation means.“I’m not trying to be cryptic about it,” Shurmur said. “It is what I said it is. Eli is getting ready to have an outstanding year and Daniel is getting ready to play. That’s really about it.”When it was mentioned that both things can’t be true at once, Shurmur replied: “Have at it 2019 Dexter Lawrence Jersey , I guess.”If nothing else, Shurmur has provided stuff to talk about in New York for the next few months, as the Giants decide when to begin the post-Manning future. Giants looking for second-year edge rusher to continue building his resume"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015, Week 17New York Giants NewsGiants’ 90-man roster: Is Lorenzo Carter ready for the next step?New,68commentsGiants looking for second-year edge rusher to continue building his resumeEDTShareTweetShareShareGiants’ 90-man roster: Is Lorenzo Carter ready for the next step?Vincent Carchietta-USA TODAY SportsThe last time the Giants had a defender manage to post double-digit sacks was in 2014 when Jason Pierre-Paul recorded 12.5 sacks. To put that accomplishment in perspective, the Giants have since had three head coaches (Ben McAdoo, Steve Spagnuolo, and Pat Shurmur) and two defensive coordinators (Spagnuolo and James Bettcher).That’s a mighty long dry spell for a defensive unit that claims to pride itself on being aggressive in getting after the quarterback.This year with an improved defensive secondary on board to hopefully hold the coverage better, there is hope that the Giants will not only be in the top half of the league in sacks but will have one of their young players Dexter Lawrence NFL Draft , such as second-year man Lorenzo Carter, emerge as a double-digit sack artist. The basicsHeight: 6-foot-5Weight: 252Age: 23Position: EdgeExperience: 2How he got hereCarter was a third-round pick (No. 66 overall) out of the University of Georgia and the eighth linebacker chosen overall in the 2017 draft. However, like most young draft picks, Carter’s jump from college, where in four seasons he posted 166 total tackles (83 solo), 21.5 tackles for a loss, 14.0 sacks and six forced fumbles, to the pros is a work in progress.In 442 defensive snaps over 15 games (with two starts), Carter finished with 43 tackles Color Rush Deandre Baker Jersey , 4.0 sacks, and four passes defensed — not bad numbers for his first season. According to Pro Football Focus, Carter finished tied for 11th (out of 25 rookie edge rushers) in pass-rushing productivity with a 6.3 score achieved in 298 pass-rush snaps. His 17 hurries put him in the top 10 among rookie edge rushers, tying him for ninth with Frankie Luvu of the Jets and Uchenna Nwosu of the Chargers.But like most rookies, Carter underwent a transition period where he probably wasn’t playing as fast as he is capable of doing, a factor not lost on outside linebackers coach Mike Dawson, who will work with Carter and the rest o the edge rushers for the first time this year.“He’s got the tools where he’s strong enough, and he’s got the athletic ability,” Dawson said. “Really kind of getting to know this language. He was in kind of a 3-4 system in college Youth Deandre Baker Jersey , but some of the terms are different. It may be the same term, just named something different, and having to process that in your head. When you don’t have to think about that, I think that helps you play a little bit better.” 2019 outlookWith Olivier Vernon having been traded to Cleveland, Carter will get a golden opportunity to compete for some of those snaps in tandem with Markus Golden. Defensive coordinator James Bettcher, who is counting on Carter to play a more prominent role in this year’s defense, noted that like all players before him, it’s all about building up one’s resume.“Lorenzo Carter has to build his resume,” Bettcher said. “The only way the guys get a chance to do that is on the field getting snaps. Getting their butt coached off and taking it.”Carter Womens Deandre Baker Jersey , who spoke before this year’s draft, sounded patient when it came to questions about feeling pressure to add sacks. “Sacks are going to come. Sacks are the things that people over analyze and like to look at a lot,” he said. “If we play the way we are supposed to play and work fast and hard, it is going to come. Everything will fall into place. I am not worried about trying to add sacks to the team. It will come.”Sacks might eventually come, but it would sure help in the meantime if players can get off blocks and at least pressure opposing quarterbacks into throwing quicker than they’d prefer.
Profilo Invia messaggio privato
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Bar Sport - Femminile Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: