Contatti
  Segnala il sito
  Privacy
  L’ANGOLO DEL C.R.V.
  LA TRU-BRICA
  ANGOLO DI CECCHIGOL
  FACEBOOK
Disclaimer

La pubblicazione di contenuto di qualsiasi tipo, letterale o altro, da parte di utente in qualsivoglia area accessibile del sito non implica alcuna adesione dello Staff di Futsalveneto a tale contenuto, né la condivisione della responsabilità, che resta individuale ed esclusivamente a capo dell'utente.

ATTENZIONE:
L'IP dell'utente che posta nel forum viene registrato insieme al messaggio e puo' essere fornito su richiesta dell'autorita' giudiziaria al fine di individuare gli autori di messaggi offensivi, diffamatori o illegali in genere. In casi normali l'IP non viene reso pubblico.

futsalveneto :: Leggi argomento - 20th start of the season
 FAQFAQ   CercaCerca   GruppiGruppi   ProfiloProfilo   Messaggi privatiMessaggi privati   Log inLog in 

20th start of the season

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Serie A1
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
elaine95
Novizio
Novizio

MessaggioInviato: Ven 07 Dic 2018 @ 03:50    Oggetto: 20th start of the season Rispondi citando

TORONTO (AP) — Finally hitting his stride in the midst of a trying season http://www.rangersfanproshop.com/authentic-adrian-beltre-jersey , Marcus Stroman’s body has betrayed him in two straight starts.Kevin Pillar scored the tiebreaking run on an infield grounder in the sixth inning, and the Toronto Blue Jays overcame another abbreviated start by Stroman to beat the Tampa Bay Rays 2-1 on Sunday.Limited to two pitches because of a recurring blister, Stroman battled through five innings before deciding he couldn’t risk further damage to his tender middle finger. The right-hander allowed one run and five hits while throwing 76 pitches.“I just threw sinker, cutter today because I couldn’t put pressure on my curveball or slider,” Stroman said. “I pushed it pretty aggressively. It was just at the point where I felt like if I continued to go, I would have to possibly miss my next start.”Stroman left Tuesday’s game against Boston after seven innings because of a blister on his right middle finger, walking off with the trainer after coming out to warm up for the eighth.Devon Travis had two hits and drove in a run as the Blue Jays won for the second time in nine meetings with the Rays, avoiding a three-game series sweep.Tampa Bay’s lone run came in the fourth on a two-out RBI single by Willy Adames.Jaime Garcia (3-6) worked one inning for the win. Danny Barnes got two outs in the seventh and Tyler Clippard got the third, stranding runners at the corners. Ryan Tepera pitched the eighth and Ken Giles finished for his 13th save in 13 opportunities.“We got pitched tough,” Rays manager Kevin Cash said. “Still not clicking offensively like we’re capable of.”Making his third start for Tampa Bay since being acquired from Pittsburgh last month, right-hander Tyler Glasnow allowed one run and two hits in five-plus innings.Pillar pinch-hit for Curtis Granderson and greeted right-hander Jose Alvarado (1-5) with a double. Travis followed with a tying single and, one out later, Pillar raced home from third on Randal Grichuk’s groundout to the catcher.Pitcher Ryne Stanek covered home plate but Pillar evaded the tag and was called safe. Tampa Bay challenged umpire Ryan Additon’s call but it was confirmed by video review. The lead was Toronto’s first of the series.“He left me a little window between his legs to try and get home plate Nolan Ryan Jersey ,” Pillar said. “Sometimes you’ve got to gamble and it paid off.”SAVE MEGiles gave Toronto its first save in 19 games, ending a streak that matched the 10th-longest in team history.KEEPING IT CLOSEThe Rays are 22-28 in one-run games, while the Blue Jays are 15-12.MAKING MOVESFollowing the game, Toronto optioned right-hander Danny Barnes to Triple-A Buffalo to clear a roster spot for right-hander Sean Reid-Foley, who will make his major league debut at Kansas City on Monday. The Blue Jays still need to open a 40-man roster spot for Reid-Foley.TRAINER’S ROOMRays: Following the game, RHP Jamie Schultz was optioned to Triple-A Durham. RHP Chaz Roe (left knee) will be come off the 10-day disabled list Tuesday.Blue Jays: INF Yangervis Solarte (strained right oblique) was placed on the 10-day DL and C Danny Jansen was promoted from Buffalo. Jansen, who played in this year’s Futures Game, was batting .275 with 12 homers and 58 RBIs in 88 games at Triple-A.PARTING WORDSJansen was removed from Buffalo’s game Saturday when word of his promotion reached the dugout. Manager Bobby Meacham broke the news by telling Jansen “Kid, you’re going to the big leagues. I don’t want to see you again.”UP NEXTRays: Are off Monday. They have not named a starter for Tuesday’s opener of a three-game series against the New York Yankees. The Rays have lost 12 straight series at Yankee Stadium.Blue Jays: Reid-Foley will pitch to Jansen, his former Triple-A batterymate, when faces the Royals on Monday. Reid-Foley went 12-4 with a 2.98 ERA in 23 starts at Double-A and Triple-A this season. RHP Brad Keller (4-5, 3.57 ERA) starts for Kansas City. The Chicago White Sox will try for back-to-back wins against the top team in baseball when they host the Boston Red Sox for the third game of a four-game series Saturday night at Guaranteed Rate Field.Chicago (54-81) is coming off a 6-1 win over the Red Sox on Friday in a game that included a two-hour, nine-minute rain delay. The White Sox have won six of their last eight games and 12 of their last 17.Boston (93-43) has lost five of its last six road games but maintains a healthy lead atop the American League East. The Red Sox will try to bounce back at the plate after being held to one run or fewer for the 17th time this season.Article continues below ...White Sox left-hander Carlos Rodon (6-3 http://www.rangersfanproshop.com/authentic-rougned-odor-jersey , 2.70 ERA) is set to make his 15th start. The 25-year-old is experiencing his best stretch of the season but draws a tough assignment against the Red Sox. He has yet to beat Boston in his career, posting an 0-2 record with a 3.38 ERA in three previous starts. In his only start against Boston this year, Rodon gave up four runs (two earned) and six hits in five innings and took the loss in a 4-2 defeat on June 9.Overall Rodon has recorded nine consecutive quality starts, which is the longest streak by any White Sox pitcher since he registered 10 quality starts in a row from Aug. 11, 2015, to April 13, 2016. Rodon is the team’s first pitcher with nine straight quality starts in a single season since Jose Quintana accomplished the feat in 2015.During Rodon’s current nine-start streak, he is 5-0 with a 1.84 ERA. He has allowed only 32 hits in 63 2/3 innings.The strong performances from Rodon, as well as several other starting pitchers, have helped Chicago collect more wins.“This month has been refreshing for us, the way we’ve been playing,” Rodon told the Chicago Sun-Times. “It’s something to look forward to and try to carry it out the rest of the season and transition that into spring training and into next season.”For the Red Sox, left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez (11-3 Cole Hamels Jersey , 3.44 ERA) will come off the disabled list and make his 20th start of the season. He has not pitched for Boston since July 14 because of a right ankle sprain, but he looked good during a minor league rehabilitation stint.Before his injury, Rodriguez did not allow a run in three consecutive starts, logging 17 scoreless innings during that span. Rodriguez will look to build upon that streak as teammate Hector Velazquez returns to the bullpen.“He’s a full go,” Red Sox manager Alex Cora told MassLive.com. “I think bringing him back is going to help us not only in the rotation but … it’s going to help our bullpen. Getting Hector back in the bullpen, having Drew (Pomeranz) in the bullpen is going to help us as far as how to manage a game if something happens early in the game.”In two career starts against the White Sox, Rodriguez is 0-0 with a 3.75 ERA. He has walked four and fanned 12 in 12 innings. This will be the 25-year-old’s first appearance against Chicago this season.Avisail Garcia has eight RBIs in his last eight games for the White Sox.Meanwhile, Mookie Betts is hitting .325 (13-for-40) with two doubles, two homers and six RBIs in his last 11 games for Boston.
Profilo Invia messaggio privato
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Serie A1 Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: