Contatti
  Segnala il sito
  Privacy
  L’ANGOLO DEL C.R.V.
  LA TRU-BRICA
  ANGOLO DI CECCHIGOL
  FACEBOOK
Disclaimer

La pubblicazione di contenuto di qualsiasi tipo, letterale o altro, da parte di utente in qualsivoglia area accessibile del sito non implica alcuna adesione dello Staff di Futsalveneto a tale contenuto, né la condivisione della responsabilità, che resta individuale ed esclusivamente a capo dell'utente.

ATTENZIONE:
L'IP dell'utente che posta nel forum viene registrato insieme al messaggio e puo' essere fornito su richiesta dell'autorita' giudiziaria al fine di individuare gli autori di messaggi offensivi, diffamatori o illegali in genere. In casi normali l'IP non viene reso pubblico.

futsalveneto :: Leggi argomento - Tom Coughlin recognizes that NFL rules favor passing
 FAQFAQ   CercaCerca   GruppiGruppi   ProfiloProfilo   Messaggi privatiMessaggi privati   Log inLog in 

Tom Coughlin recognizes that NFL rules favor passing

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Serie A1
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
zhangzk
Super tifoso
Super tifoso

MessaggioInviato: Gio 11 Lug 2019 @ 08:23    Oggetto: Tom Coughlin recognizes that NFL rules favor passing Rispondi citando

“It’s obvious Marqise Lee Jerseys Stitched ,” said Coughlin, who’s in charge of all football decisions for the Jacksonville Jaguars.But Coughlin also staunchly defended Jacksonville’s run-first, defensive philosophy by saying the team’s offensive woes have more to do with a lack of explosive plays than its ideology.And while Coughlin didn’t point the finger at quarterback Blake Bortles, the Jaguars executive vice president of football operations made it clear during a radio interview Tuesday that Bortles’ struggles have been a significant part of the team’s failures in 2018.“Our formula a year ago was play great defense, run the ball and do a superb job of play-action pass,” Coughlin told 1010XL during the station’s Jay Fund charity event. “Obviously I still believe in that very much, but you have to … if you’re going to rush the football, you’ve got to have the explosive plays.“You’ve got to put the ball down the field. There was a time when our big plays were all kinds of big plays, and it was this style of offense still being played. But that’s the formula that you still have to get to in my opinion.”Coughlin, general manager Dave Caldwell and coach Doug Marrone have been widely criticized for the team’s shortcomings. They signed Bortles to a three-year, $54 million contract in February, missed in free agency with high-priced guard Andrew Norwell and receiver Donte Moncrief, and used their first six draft picks in 2018 on players who have made little, if any, impact this season.More Jacksonville Jaguars newsJaguars get help for Nick Foles with signings of WR Chris Conley, RT Cedric OgbuehiIt’s official: Jaguars agree to terms with Super Bowl MVP QB Nick FolesJaguars, guard A.J. Cann agree to terms on 3-year contractJaguars reportedly agree to 4-year, $88 million deal with QB Nick FolesJaguars cut 5 veterans, including defensive lineman Malik Jackson Youth Cedric Ogbuehi Jerseys , safety Tashaun GipsonCoughlin has declined multiple interview requests this season, but spoke on the radio as part of his charity event.He stood by the offseason moves based on how last year ended. The Jaguars advanced to the AFC championship game at New England and had a 10-point lead in the fourth quarter before stumbling down the stretch. One of the key plays was linebacker Myles Jack‘s fumble recovery, which officials blew dead and eliminated a potential touchdown return.“We were a whistle” away, Coughlin said. “We’re a whistle (and) we’re in the Super Bowl. And that’s my position, OK?“So tell me, everyone out there, what they’re going to do in that circumstance about your football team. Aren’t you going to fill other pieces in and try to be as good as you can be? And we tried, didn’t we? Well, the nature of the game got us, so we go back to the drawing board. But I’ll put the gloves on with anybody that wants to talk about what” went awry.Coughlin pointed to a number of issues: sacks and quarterback pressures being down, turnover margin being flipped and countless penalties.“The way we behave on the field, I mean, it’s ridiculous some of the penalties,” Coughlin said. “So there’s a lot of things that are going to get addressed and are being addressed.”The Jaguars (3-Cool fired offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett and benched Bortles on Monday following the team’s seventh consecutive loss, and more changes are expected.“There’s no doubt you have to go back and re-evaluate who you are,” Coughlin said. “Whether you’re coaching in college, whether you’re coaching in pro, whatever you’re coaching, you still have to get the ball in the hands of the guys that can make the difference.” JACKSONVILLE Cedric Ogbuehi Jerseys Stitched , Fla. (AP) — Jacksonville Jaguars defensive tackle Malik Jackson dusted off his Super Bowl ring last week and wore it for the first time all year.He was feeling a little nostalgia, just not about his days with the 2015 champion Denver Broncos.“I need to remember who I am,” said Jackson, a Pro Bowl selection last season.It might be too late. Jackson is no longer a starter and his playing time is dwindling, signs his tenure in Jacksonville is likely nearing an end. The 28-year-old Jackson signed a six-year, $85.5 million contract in March 2016 that included $42 million guaranteed. He’s due to count $15 million against the salary cap in 2019, a figure the Jaguars seem unwilling to pay for a role player.The Jaguars (4-9) essentially have moved on already, benching Jackson in favor of run-stopper Abry Jones and rookie Taven Bryan.Now, Jackson is one of seven former or current starters prepared to play what might be their final game in Jacksonville when the Jaguars host reeling Washington (6-7) on Sunday.Here’s a deeper look:BLAKE BORTLESThe quarterback was benched last month , ending a run of 72 consecutive starts. Bortles signed a three-year, $54 million extension in February — after playing turnover-free football in the postseason — and is due to count $21 million against the cap in 2019. The team can cut him with a post-June 1 designation and save $9.5 million against the cap.Still, giving Bortles an extension — he was already under contract and due to make about $19 million in 2018 — turned out to be one of several bad calls by chief decision-maker Tom Coughlin, general manager Dave Caldwell and coach Doug Marrone.A.J. CANNA third-round draft pick from South Carolina in 2015, Cann has been a durable starter at right guard during his four seasons. But his availability is more impressive than his ability, leaving Jacksonville in need of an upgrade at the position.BARRY CHURCHThe veteran safety signed a four-year, $26 million contract with Jacksonville in 2017, part of a stellar free-agent class that included defensive end Calais Campbell and cornerback A.J. Bouye. Campbell and Bouye both made the Pro Bowl last season and have been solid in 2018. Church had 74 tackles and four interceptions in 2017, but looked a step slow this season. He started the first 11 games before getting benched in favor of rookie Ronnie Harrison . Church was inactive last week at Tennessee and has declined several interview requests.MALIK JACKSONJackson has one sack this season after notching a career-high eight in 2017, and coaches have pinned the defense’s run-stopping woes partly on him. Jackson insists anything can happen in the final three games Youth Landry Jones Jerseys , but he also acknowledges that the team’s intentions to go in a different direction are obvious.“If you’re a guy at the end of his guaranteed money, you’re probably in trouble,” Jackson said.DONTE MONCRIEFThe former Indianapolis Colts receiver signed a one-year, $9.6 million deal in free agency in hopes of becoming a big-play threat and earning a more lucrative, long-term contract. He has 42 catches for 604 yards and three touchdowns, but has failed to show breakaway speed or win his share of 50-50 balls.JERMEY PARNELLThe 32-year-old right tackle is expected to miss his first game of the season this week because of a knee injury. Parnell signed a five-year, $32 million contract in 2015 and has started 57 games. But the Jags drafted his replacement, Will Richardson, in the fourth round in April.T.J. YELDONA backup running back, Yeldon is the team’s leading rusher and receiver. The 2015 second-round pick has 408 yards and a touchdown on the ground to go along with a team-leading 54 receptions for 482 yards and four scores. Yeldon will be a free agent in 2019 and unlikely to remain in Jacksonville even though the Jaguars have only two running backs — Leonard Fournette and Carlos Hyde — under contract moving forward.“Every game is an audition,” Campbell said. “In this game, it’s what have you done for me lately, so at the end of the day, every time you’re on that field, you have to play with the mentality that it could be your last game.”
Profilo Invia messaggio privato
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Serie A1 Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: