Contatti
  Segnala il sito
  Privacy
  L’ANGOLO DEL C.R.V.
  LA TRU-BRICA
  ANGOLO DI CECCHIGOL
  FACEBOOK
Disclaimer

La pubblicazione di contenuto di qualsiasi tipo, letterale o altro, da parte di utente in qualsivoglia area accessibile del sito non implica alcuna adesione dello Staff di Futsalveneto a tale contenuto, né la condivisione della responsabilità, che resta individuale ed esclusivamente a capo dell'utente.

ATTENZIONE:
L'IP dell'utente che posta nel forum viene registrato insieme al messaggio e puo' essere fornito su richiesta dell'autorita' giudiziaria al fine di individuare gli autori di messaggi offensivi, diffamatori o illegali in genere. In casi normali l'IP non viene reso pubblico.

futsalveneto :: Leggi argomento - none of them hard
 FAQFAQ   CercaCerca   GruppiGruppi   ProfiloProfilo   Messaggi privatiMessaggi privati   Log inLog in 

none of them hard

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Serie A1
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
elaine95
Novizio
Novizio

MessaggioInviato: Ven 07 Dic 2018 @ 03:41    Oggetto: none of them hard Rispondi citando

CHICAGO (AP) — Even though complete games are rare these days Felix Hernandez Jersey , Cole Hamels still likes to finish what he starts.The 13-year veteran went the distance Thursday night to continue his dramatic turnaround with the NL Central-leading Chicago Cubs, who got home runs from Anthony Rizzo and Javier Baez in a 7-1 victory over the Cincinnati Reds.“That’s ultimately the goal,” Hamels said. “It’s just tough to do so now. The hitters are better, a lot more research is going into it. As a starter, you just have to grind, you have to pitch.”Hamels (4-0) allowed eight hits, struck out seven and walked two in his 17th career complete game and the first by a Cubs pitcher this season. His ERA in five starts with Chicago is 0.79.Before being traded to the Cubs last month, the 34-year-old lefty was 5-9 with a 4.72 ERA in 20 starts for the Texas Rangers, including 1-3 with an 11.12 ERA in his last four.Hamels, though, never doubted he could turn things around.“I got into a rut in Texas and really was trying to get out of it,” he said. “Sometimes when you strive to do something, you can make it worse. You finally have to give in. You have to get back to the basics.”Hamels had allowed just two earned runs in his first four starts with Chicago Hisashi Iwakuma Jersey , but the Reds jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the first inning as Phillip Ervin beat out an infield single with two outs, scoring Billy Hamilton from third base.The Cubs quickly answered. After Baez reached on an error with one out, Rizzo hit the first pitch he saw from starter Anthony DeSclafani (6-4) into the bleachers in right for a 2-1 Chicago lead. Baez’s homer in the third made it 3-1.The Cubs added another in the fifth and then broke it open with three runs in the seventh.Cincinnati loaded the bases with one out in the ninth, but Hamels got Tucker Barnhart to ground into a game-ending double play on his 114th pitch.“We’ve all seen Cole through the years and he’s pitched a lot of good ballgames,” Reds manager Jim Riggleman said. “But that one was right there at the top of the list. He was really good with all his pitches.”CRUSHEDHamels overshadowed Baez’s mammoth 481-foot solo shot that cleared the bleachers just left of straightaway center and landed on Waveland Avenue.“That was one of my dreams, to hit a ball like that,” Baez said.It was the longest homer at Wrigley Field this season and sparked some ribbing from his teammates.“When I got back to the dugout, they asked if that’s all I had,” Baez said. “Yeah.”ROSTER MOVESThe Cubs placed RHP Tyler Chatwood on the 10-day DL with left hip inflammation. The move is retroactive to Tuesday. RHP Dillon Maples was recalled from Triple-A Iowa.Chatwood, 28, has struggled with his control after signing with the Cubs as a free agent in the offseason. He is 4-6 with a 5.22 ERA in 23 games (20 starts) with 93 walks in 101 2/3 innings.TRAINER’S ROOMReds: RF Scott Schebler (sprained right shoulder) continued his rehab assignment with Double-A Pensacola. Riggleman said Schebler will travel to Chicago on Friday and be activated on Saturday.Cubs: RHP Yu Darvish (stress reaction right elbow) is out for the season but said he is relieved doctors finally discovered the source of his elbow pain. “At first, I was told it was a simple tightness, but I always knew there was something else other than the tightness Ken Griffey Jersey ,” he said through a translator. .. 3B Kris Bryant (left shoulder inflammation) is expected to increase the intensity of his swings during a batting practice session Friday.UP NEXTThe Cubs will recall RHP Alec Mills from Triple-A Iowa to start the second game of the series Friday. Mills has pitched two scoreless innings of relief for Chicago this season. The 26-year-old is 5-12 with a 4.84 ERA in 23 starts at Iowa. RHP Matt Harvey (6-7, 4.91 ERA) goes for the Reds after taking a no-hitter into the sixth inning during his last start. There are several names being tossed around when people talk about the American League Cy Young Award.Blake Snell’s name has to be in the discussion.And Tuesday night, Snell, in his first full season in the major leagues, will try to pitch his Tampa Bay Rays to their third straight shutout.Article continues below ...Monday night’s four-pitcher, 1-0 blanking of the Kansas City Royals extended the Rays’ scoreless streak to 23 innings.The left-hander, a starter gem in the midst of a team using “openers” from the bullpen more often than actual starters, takes a 14-5 record and 2.10 ERA to the mound against Kansas City rookie Glenn Sparkman in the second contest of a four-game series at the Trop in St. Petersburg, Fla., on Tuesday night.Sparkman, a Rule 5 draft pick by the Toronto Blue Jays later returned to the Royals, makes his second career start for K.C.Snell has turned in a pair of five-inning shutout efforts and is 6-1 with a 0.99 ERA in his last eight starts, a span interrupted by a brief stay on the disabled list with left shoulder fatigue.He is the Rays’ first 14-game winner since Matt Moore won 17 in 2013 and pitched in the All-Star Game but only as a replacement after the players failed to vote him in.Former teammate David Price http://www.marinersfanproshop.com/authentic-ichiro-suzuki-jersey , long a fan of his fellow lefty, was talking over the weekend about Snell eventually being selected, saying, “Thank goodness. The fact that he wasn’t voted in by the players, that was bad.”Snell lost his only career start against the Royals last season.Monday night, Hunter Wood was the “opener,” worked the first 1 2/3 innings before Ryan Yarbrough pitched 5 1/3 of two-hit relief en route to the 1-0 victory.The Rays, improving to 23-28 in a whopping 50 one-run games, scored a run on a review in the second inning. The run was awarded after Willy Adames was called out on a play at first but the call was reversed and he had an RBI single.“It just shows we had to play seven innings of perfect baseball,” Tampa Bay manager Kevin Cash said.Yarbrough (12-5) struck out six and notched his major league-high 10th relief victory as the Rays moved back to three games over .500 on the season.Jorge Lopez (0-3) threw 95 pitches and allowed the only run Monday night — in his second start with the Royals after coming over in the Mike Moustakas trade. He gave up five hits, none of them hard, but was the hard-luck loser.“He could have gotten quicker decisions (on hitters),” K.C. manager Ned Yost said. “They were pitches that could have gone either way. … But I thought he threw the ball extremely well.”The Royals scored six runs in the second inning at Chicago on Sunday Kyle Seager Jersey , but have been shut out in 16 straight innings since.Jake Newberry made his major league debut Monday, pitching 1 2/3 innings of scoreless relief, striking out three.Sparkman, returned to the Royals last month, threw 75 pitches over four innings against the Blue Jays in his other start — two runs, four hits and three strikeouts over four innings.Danny Duffy, on the 10-day disabled list with left shoulder impingement, threw a bullpen Monday and said he felt fine. How he feels Tuesday will determine if he comes off the DL to pitch Thursday night’s finale.
Profilo Invia messaggio privato
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Serie A1 Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: